OpticsPlanet, Inc has a great opportunity for a Senior Manager of Business Intelligence and Forecasting. This is an excellent chance to feel the heartbeat of one of the world's largest and most data-driven online retailers, and make an impact on the company's success, by overseeing the analysis of the operational and financial performance of the company, and providing actionable suggestions.
In this role, you will see a direct link between your work and company growth. The role is highly cross-functional and will require coordination with several departments such as Supply Chain Management, Marketing, Operations, Finance, and others. This role conducts a wide range of business analysis, defines and communicates the appropriate metrics that are needed to accurately and objectively measure business performance and execute on the company’s goals. The role’s activities include interpreting financial and operational trends, identifying deviations from the expected performance, and conveying results to various departments within the organization. This hands-on management role will challenge the candidate to understand and contribute to many facets of the company including business analytics, risk and revenue forecasting, data management, and executive reporting. You would be managing a team of professionals utilizing advanced SQL skills, statistical analysis, and MS BI stack to achieve these objectives.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Directing and overseeing high level strategic and tactical decisions for business intelligence tools and applications
- Organizing the work of 5 team members in 3 locations (with the help of an associate manager)
- Coaching a team on the pros and cons of different types of analytics, data modeling, and providing mentorship on extrapolating and examining insights from large data sets
- Coordinating a big number of one-time custom activities concerned with data collection, analysis, reconciliation, trends investigation
- Organizing the metrics and dashboards setup for various areas of the business using MS BI Stack and other custom reporting tools
- Managing the creation and maintenance of SSRS reports and subscriptions
- Building long-term high-level forecasts for major financial metrics. Maintaining the model, monitoring trends compared to the model, and digging into issues
- Keeping track and managing high-level company KPIs
- Providing guidance to our Procurement teams during large purchasing campaigns and strategic buys
- Driving projects related to the design and development of automated decision-making systems for the business. Answering questions and suggesting improvements on the proprietary systems created earlier, such as Product-level Demand Forecasting, Net Margin calculations system, Lead Times calculation system, Automatic Pricing system, etc.
- Acting as a liaison between our Finance and the Business reconciling financial and operational reports and KPIs
- Participating as an SME and helping in other company-wide projects. Providing expertise for other departments when it comes to profitability measurement, ROI measurement, understanding impact on cash conversion cycle, etc.
- Providing leadership in the development, implementation, and ongoing management of all key performance indicators (KPIs) and reporting capabilities for a number of operational areas. Using insights to challenge the organization to be more efficient and cost-effective.
- Researching, analyzing and explaining the current and past activity, expected trends, and the potential effect of the changes made. Presenting and supporting findings and recommendations to various management levels within the organization.
Qualifications, Skills and Requirements
- 3+ years of managerial experience in the BI field
- MA/MS or higher degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Applied Math, Physics, or other technical fields
- Understanding of Ecommerce, Supply Chain Management, Finance, and Marketing
- Strong MS SQL/MySQL skills
- Experience or deep understanding of Microsoft BI tools: SSRS, SSAS, SSIS, PowerBI
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Experience solving analytical problems using other technical field approaches
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in utilizing Google Analytics. Google BigQuery expertise is a plus
- Experience in Ecommerce is a major plus
- Expertise/background in artificial intelligence/machine learning is a plus
Location - Northbrook, IL
Ecentria Group, LLC, and its subsidiaries (“The Company") are Equal Opportunity Employers. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need