The Associate Manager of Customer Care is responsible for all daily operations of key areas of the Customer Care department at OpticsPlanet, Inc. This position reports to the Manager, Customer Care and has a key role in aiding the strategic development of their area(s) of focus. The Associate Manager role is a developmental position for learning and refining core competencies of management within Customer Care. It is distinguished as a progression from the Team Leader position as it introduces the responsibilities of hiring and discipline among other operational and human resource management duties.
Operations - Developing and ensuring strict adherence to internal performance standards and operational KPIs. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Scheduling employees’ shifts to ensure adequate coverage in proportion to expected work volume
- Monitoring all hourly, daily, weekly and monthly KPIs and adjusting resources and schedules optimizing to performance standards
- Setting and reporting on all individual and team-level operational goals on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Responding to and addressing all subordinate employee escalations including customer-facing and internal escalations
Hiring – Working with upper management and Human Resources to facilitate the hiring process by reviewing resumes, developing testing, conducting interviews and acquiring adequate talent/resources to meet and exceed performance goals while maintaining a balanced, lean labor budget
Training & Development - Facilitating new employee training and continuous, ongoing training for current employees. This includes the development and maintenance of an up-to-date training program for both intra- and inter-departmental processes and tools.
Discipline - Ensuring that all subordinate employees are adhering to company policies as well as internal policies and performance standards. Report and remedy any issues directly with the employees, as they arise, with the assistance of upper management and Human Resources department.
Employee Reviews - Conducting regular performance reviews, quarterly, at minimum, with each subordinate employee to discuss past performance and assign future goals. This should include a summary of quantifiable performance metrics including individual KPIs, QC Errors, and monitoring results, as well as objective evaluations of employee discipline and professional development. Work with upper management and Human Resources to create individual development plans, remedy performance problems and recognize top-achievers.
Communicating and facilitating change – Being an advocate and vehicle for driving change from the top-down, and bottom-up. This includes adequately digesting, filtering and disseminating information from external departments and upper management to all subordinates in a timely fashion. Likewise, this means being open and available to suggestions and feedback from subordinates by being their voice and agent for change within the company.
Projects and Assignments – Short and long-term projects, assignments and responsibilities, whether or not related to aforementioned responsibilities, may be assigned by upper management at any time.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred.
- Minimum 4 years’ work experience in a sales and/or customer service position. Experience in an ecommerce or call center environment preferred.
- Minimum 1 year’s work experience in a Team Leader position within OpticsPlanet, Inc. or 2 years’ work experience in a supervisory position
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Due to the seasonal nature of our business, this position requires working mandatory overtime during
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Positive, teamwork-oriented attitude
- Prior experience in training is preferred
- Intermediate IT and data analysis skills with the ability to generate and interpret performance-related data
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to organize and coordinate group efforts
- Demonstrated ability to perform under pressure when dealing with internal/external factors including customers, workload, and human resources
- Willingness and ability to be flexible with schedule, availability and job requirements
- Medical, prescription, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid life, AD&D and disability insurance
- Employer paid employee assistance program
- Generous FTO (flexible time off)
- 401k retirement benefits plan with a company match
- Voluntary legal support services & pet insurance
- Generous employee discount program
- Free premium coffee & tea
- Ping pong table, pool table, dart board, pinball machine, Xbox/PS4
- Onsite gym and yoga classes
- $5 Lunch program
- Friday game club and other company sponsored events